Prayer for Lighthouse High Wycombe 2018
If you think it will be helpful, please use the following 31 day diary to help you in your prayer for Lighthouse High Wycombe. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who might like it. If you have any scriptures, words, pictures, etc. as a result of praying, please send them to email@example.com.
Please pray for:
1. The Trustees to be guided by God in their prayer and overall planning:
Chairman - Tom Warren, and trustees - Valerie Anderson, Roxy Deacon, Simon Evans, Colin Hingston, Andrew Piggin, Frances Stocks, Yvonne Trigg
2. There will still be building work happening at the site during the
week. Pray for the site team (Calvin Hanks) for wisdom as they work with the
school to minimise the effect this will have on us. Pray for security on site,
and that any contact between the builders and the children will be kept to a
3. Finance: For God's
provision of what is needed. Additional donations will be required this year
because of the extra marquee and more security fencing that will be needed
because of the building work. Pray for wisdom in right management of money, for
generosity on the part of supporters, and for the successful outcome of grant
4. Local churches, that they will be generous and genuine in their
prayerful, financial and practical support of Lighthouse; that they will be
able to maintain links with children and their families after Lighthouse.
5. For all the children who will come to Lighthouse, and for their
families, that everyone will know God's life changing love.
6. Age Group Leaders. That God
will inspire and equip them for their role. For preparation and delivery of age
group teaching times. That all the age groups will be provided for very
7. Lighthouse Keepers. That
the right people will answer God's call and that He will equip them in their
preparation of small group teaching times.
Lamplighters. That these young people will enjoy their training
and be enthusiastic and confident in their role and take it seriously; that
those who plan and carry out the Lamplighter training will be well equipped for
this important role.
On site Admin team, headed up by Colin Hingston; for good
communication and hassle free technology!
10. Lighthouse Central - Praise God for all their hard work and
dedication. Pray for the new database that this will work smoothly and that there
will be no technical hitches.
11. Stage team presenters, Robert & Sherrianne, as they prepare
and deliver the teaching. Help them in their first year being involved in
Lighthouse. For God to provide the right conditions so that the children's
faith will develop. For any young people who will be helping on stage this
12. Music team, (Alyson Rainey) as they choose songs and rehearse
together; for musical harmony and good relationships and that the chosen songs
will enhance Lighthouse.
13. The Space, (Ruth Harley) that the right people will come forward
to come alongside those with additional needs, and that this group will be
fully integrated into LH activities.
14. Drama team (Ashleigh Love), that they will really bond together
and enjoy presenting the Gospel to the children through their drama. Craft team
(Yvonne Trigg), for the right amount of materials to be collected and stored
safely, for a real sense of fun as the items are being put together, both in
the planning stage and during Lighthouse week. Sports team (Steph Webb) - For a
good team of enthusiastic people, including some adults, to help the children
enjoy their physical activity. Pray for the right choice of things to do, so
that it will have a wide appeal.
15. Health and Safety. For good Child Protection systems, kind and sympathetic First Aiders, wisdom and sensitivity for all those involved in DBS checks.
16. The Shop. For wisdom in knowing what to order, and for efficiency
in dealing with all the buying and selling, and in the provision of t-shirts etc.
17. Helpers' children team, for those who will give their time early
in the morning to care for the children and for the children who will be there.
18. Quiet room, where children can go for some space and tlc; for
sufficient people to volunteer for this invaluable service.
19. Teaching (Age Group Leaders, Lighthouse Keepers) for everything
that is prepared to be honouring to God and be beneficial for the children.
20. Little Lighthouse (Kirsty Blake and team), for lots of fun for the
pre-school children and for good connections with the parents and carers who
21. Coaches (Frances Stocks), for escorts and drivers, for the
children who use this service. That someone new will come forward to
co-ordinate this for 2019 (or even for 2018)
22. Wisdom and strength for our new chairman Tom Warren as he leads us
through a challenging year, and copes with other challenges in his life.
23. For the Thursday evening event for all helpers. That the right
people will be able to focus on this event, making it a fun time and that it is
an encouragement to all who are able to attend and that they feel part of the
Lighthouse High Wycombe family. Pray for safety on site.
24. For good relationships with staff and employees of Highcrest Academy,
both before and during the event. Also for good relationships with neighbours, and
safety on the surrounding roads.
25. Registration and Welcome; for good relationships between workers
and parents/carers; for efficient handling of enquiries and problems and for
good communication in the car park. For a welcoming feel in the reception
26. Technical support team (Simon Evans); for protection over all the
equipment, and for smooth running of the systems so that the children are not
27. Site team (Calvin Hanks); for a strong, dedicated team; for
protection on them in all their physical activities, particularly providing
security on site.
28. Practical help not involving children - cleaners, car park
attendants, helpers' refreshments, security (night and day), those setting up
and breaking down the site.
29. Prayer/Pastoral team, for their openness to what God is saying and
doing through Lighthouse. For wisdom and discernment, for good listening and
compassion with everyone. For someone to be found to lead the prayer team in
30. For spiritual protection on every person who is involved with
Lighthouse High Wycombe, not just during the week, but in the weeks and months
31. For those who will decide to become friends of Jesus during the week, and for their families.
"The battle is the Lord's" 1 Samuel 17:47