Bringing churches and communities together around children.
What is it?
Lighthouse offers to kids’ holiday clubs what Alpha offers to evangelistic events – proven success based on easy resources. Lighthouse brings together everything local churches need to run their best ever non-residential holiday week for children.
Lighthouse began as one event in one village nearly 30 years ago. Today it is attended by around 5000 children with 3000 leaders of all ages in ten Lighthouse locations.
Lighthouse is unashamedly Christian but year after year Lighthouses find themselves oversubscribed as parents scramble to enrol their children.
Lighthouse Central has been set up to share this successful experience with churches in towns and cities all across the UK. We want to help you shine Jesus’ love into the children and families of your community.
Lighthouse is perfect for you if…
- You love Jesus and want others to love him too.
- You love the people in your community and want to serve them in a way they’d love to re-ceive.
- You love the children in your community and want to offer them activities of such high quality that even non-Christian parents will be lining up to get their kids involved.
- You’d love to see churches in community working more closely together.
- You love the people in your church and want to see them using their gifts effectively.
- You’d love to see your church members involved in a ministry so successful that it will inspire them to expect even more of God.
How does it work?
Lighthouse Central will provide all the materials and resources required to set up and successfully run a Lighthouse in your area. But what will that entail?
Each local Lighthouse is set up as a charity by a group of local churches and uses the materials from Lighthouse Central to develop and run their own event. It is locally owned and run but centrally resourced through a web-based format.
The materials and systems that will be available include:
- Core principles
- Case studies of Lighthouses of various sizes
- Time-chart and processes
- Job specs and management structure
- Development assistance for new Lighthouses
- Leaders handbook
- Full online admin system from registration through DBS and all stops in between
- Regular updates on legislation/compliance
- Local social media strategy
- Recruitment materials for leaders and kids
- Mainstage material
- Music material
- Teaching material
- Drama material
- Craft guidelines
- Sports guidelines
- Lighthouse merchandise
Lighthouse resources will be made available based on a once a year access fee for each Lighthouse and a per attendee fee.
We have a 10-year plan to reach over 50 cities by the establishment of over 200 new Lighthouses to reach between 50, 000 and 100,000 kids.
We expect the first new Lighthouses to open their doors in July 2018.
We have seen God working consistently through Lighthouse over many years and seen thousands of children, young people and adults changed. We’d love to share what God has taught us so that you can see the fruit we have witnessed take place in your town or city as well.
If you’re interested in exploring starting a Lighthouse in your community, then please let us know by filling in the form on the home page. We’ll contact you soon.
If you want to help Lighthouse Central take Lighthouse across the UK then please fill in the form registering as a supporter. Support can take the form of prayer, sharing the word about Lighthouse or supporting it financially through a loan. We’ll contact you about this soon too.
We’ll begin holding publicity events soon, with supporter meetings in September and October 2016 and a Lighthouse planning seminar in October or November 2016. Once you register we’ll let you know more details.
We look forward to seeing what God could do through Lighthouse in your community!